If you're a blogger, or follow a lot of blogs, you've probably seen a few "Five Things" posts (such as here and here).
To be honest, I don't know who started this phenomenon but I like it. It makes bloggers seem more real.
I think a lot of bloggers can come across as perfect, skinny, wealthy, always happy, with all the right labels.
Reading something a little more personal kinda breaks through that "perfect" shell and gives readers a taste of the real.
I am in no way perfect. I am not the skinniest, I am personally not wealthy, and there are days when I am no where near happy.
So I thought it would be fun to share five little things about me you may not know...enjoy!
1. I am kind of OCD, especially when it comes to time. If I'm running on the treadmill, I cannot stop after 21 minutes and 10 seconds or 23 minutes. Just can't. I have to keep going until I hit 25 or 30 minutes, to the second. Stopping at a "random" time makes me uncomfortable. I'm weird.
2. I danced for 15 years of my life, competitively for many years. I did ballet, jazz, tap and lyrical and loved it. I quit my senior year in high school and miss it constantly. Funny enough, I'm scared to actually take a dance class now. I'm sure I will suck. Instead I do Pure Barre. Close enough, right?
3. My boyfriend and I met at a bar, at 3 am, in Chicago. Not the classiest of stories, but it's worked out pretty well. We were both in town for Lollapalooza and happened to be at the same karaoke bar the night before the festival started. I had just finalized my apartment in New York and was weeks away from moving cross country. He happened to already live in NYC. Almost a year later, I've never been happier.
4. I HATE the sound of chopsticks being rubbed together. I gives me the chills and makes me want to gag. It's really hard when at a work dinner or event and someone starts to rub their chop sticks together. I cringe inside. Not normal, I know.
5. When I'm really tired, I get slaphappy/loopy/really giggly. I lose it over the stupidest things and laugh so hard I cry and can hardly breathe. For example, the other day I watched a video of a baby goat jumping around ...5 times... and was laughing and crying and trying to explain to my boyfriend what the heck I was laughing about but could not form words. I hear "you are something else" A LOT. Oh and it's way worse when I'm with my sister. It's like our loopy energy feeds off one another. We are completely insane. Ask our parents, boyfriends, friends, they will all agree.
That's all! Share your five things too if you'd like. It's kinda fun!